The New Hampshire Small Estate Affidavit is an affidavit written by the successors of an estate when a family member has passed away with or without making a will. Learn how to write a free New Hampshire Small Estate Affidavit form, where to file the affidavit and the monetary and time limits involved.
A New Hampshire small estate affidavit form, also known as a New Hampshire Petition for Small Estate Administration form, is used in the event that the decedent had a limited amount of assets. To qualify as a small estate in New Hampshire, the estate in question must be valued at less than $10,000. A New Hampshire Small Estate Affidavit can be used for the collection of both personal property and real estate.
New Hampshire Small Estate Affidavit Requirements
- The decedent must be a resident of the State of New Hampshire.
- Falls under New Hampshire Statutes Title LVI Probate Court and Decedents Estates, Chapter 553 Administration of Small Estates Section 553:32 – Waiver of Administration Form NHJB-2144-P.
- The estate in question must be valued at less than $10,000.
- Six months must have elapsed from the date the decedent passed away.
- Must be filed in the local probate court of New Hampshire in the county where the decedent resided at the time of death.
How to Write a New Hampshire Small Estate Affidavit Form
First of all, fill in the name of the court in New Hampshire and the name of the decedent in the estate section. Under the Estate Assets and Income section, list the personal property to be collected along the value of each. Then, list any expenses, debts or taxes owed and get the total expenses.
Next, subtract the expenses from the assets to get the balance to distribute to heirs. The affiant then signs and dates the affidavit in the presence of a notary.
Free New Hampshire Small Estate Affidavit Form
Once the document is signed, dated and sealed by the notary, the New Hampshire small estate affidavit is valid and the affiant can start collecting the assets.
Fill out and print a free New Hampshire Small Estate Affidavit online.