The Wyoming Small Estate Affidavit is an affidavit written by the successors of an estate when a family member has passed away with or without making a will. Below you can find out how to write a free Wyoming Small Estate Affidavit form, where to file the affidavit and the monetary and time limits involved.
A Wyoming small estate affidavit form, also called a Wyoming Affidavit of Collection of Estate Assets form, is used in the event that the decedent had a limited amount of assets. To qualify as a small estate in Wyoming, the estate in question must be valued at less than $200,000. A Wyoming Small Estate Affidavit is used for the collection of personal property or real estate.
Wyoming Small Estate Affidavit Requirements
- The decedent must be a resident of the State of Wyoming.
- Falls under Wyoming Statutes Title 2 Wills, Decedent’s Estates and Probate Code – Chapter 1 – General provisions – Section 2-1-201. Payment of indebtedness and delivery of tangible personal property or instruments evidencing debt.
- The estate in question must be valued at less than $200,000.
- Thirty days have elapsed since the death of the decedent.
- Must be filed in the local district court where the decedent resided.
How to Write a Wyoming Small Estate Affidavit Form
First of all, fill in the county in Wyoming and the decedent’s full name at the top of the form. Enter the affiant’s name and address in Section 1 of the form. Next, write the decedent’s name and address, the affiant’s relationship to the decedent, the relationship of each successor, and the date the decedent passed away in the space provided.
Attach an itemized list of the assets to be collected and a certified copy of the death certificate to the affidavit. Make sure thirty days have elapsed since the decedent’s passing before getting the affidavit notarized.
Free Wyoming Small Estate Affidavit Form
Once the affidavit is notarized, the Wyoming small estate affidavit is valid and the heirs can proceed to collect the assets from the decedent’s estate.
Fill out and print a free Wyoming Small Estate Affidavit online.